Hey Everyone! I have been wanting nachos BADLY lately, but these days I try to abstain from the traditional processed “cheese”. Whatever it is, it’s good but not good for you. So, I have always wanted to try this method of making vegan nacho cheese using soaked creamy cashews, carrot and potato. Nutritional yeast is added for that cheesy flavor. I also added some chipotle peppers for a bit of a kick and extra flavor. I also added my Roasted Candyland Salsa on top of these bomb ass nachos too. It’s so nice having a guilt free alternative to the deliciousness of high sodium and processed goodies too many of us love.
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe as much as I do. It’s a new favorite in my home. I filmed a quick tutorial for my YouTube channel for you to check out below this recipe. Store it in your fridge for up to 5 days.
- 2 Medium White Potatoes (avoid russets they're so starchy and grainy)
- 1 Large Carrot
- 1/2 Cups Soaked Raw Cashews
- 1/4 - 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Non-Dairy Milk
- 1 TBSP Chipotle (or more if you're like me)
- 1/2 Cup Nutritional Yeast
- Sea Salt and Pepper
- In a medium pot, boil potatoes and carrot together until fork tender. Drain and remove skin from potato.
- Drain cashews that have been soaking for at least 2 hours.
- Add all ingredients into a food processor or bullet blender (preferred) and pulse until silky smooth.
- Serve on nacho chips, potato wedges, or dip your veggies in them.
5 Ingredient Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies by Vegans First: Recipe HERE!