Hey Cakepops! I have been having trouble sleeping lately, so instead of rocking back and forth in a dark corner while looking back on all the mistakes I’ve made in my life, I figured baking cookies for you guys was a better idea.
I have been craving molasses lately, a lot! I love the stuff. It’s full of trace minerals and B vitamins, and is the least refined version of cane syrup. The stuff is potent in taste but delicious, and makes for a very delightfully chewy cookie. I rolled these Vegan Molasses Cookies in raw sugar to give them a delicately crispy exterior. I love that texture so much to be honest. Anyway, I’ll keep it short and sweet today, kinda like this recipe!
Be sure to see the full tutorial on my video below and please check out my YouTube channel where I post lots of fun recipes, and talk about my experience living in Australia long with other world travel goodies.
- 1/2 Cup Raw Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Black Strap Molasses
- 1/2 Cup Vegan Butter or Coconut Oil
- 2 Cups Whole What Flour
- 2 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 tsp All Spice
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- Extra Raw Sugar for rolling dough
- In a large mixing bowl, combine black strap molasses, raw sugar, vanilla extract and melted vegan butter.
- Add remainder ingredients and gently fold in. Dough should be firm but slightly stick.
- Roll dough balls into a little smaller than golf ball sized spheres and roll into raw sugar.
- Line on parchment or silicon mat lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 180C or 350F for about 22 minutes.
- Cookies will be too soft to handle so let them cool for a few minutes before transfering to a baking rack or your mouth!