Hey Everyone! I had such an amazing week filming some vegan Thanksgiving recipes for my YouTube channel, as I reside here in beautiful Australia and have felt just a little homesick during the holiday season. I wanted a cool, healthy and refreshing take on the traditional pumpkin pie most Americans love during the month of November. It is really warm here in late spring in the southern hemisphere, so I thought a chilled version of this holiday favorite would be much more suitable, thus the Vegan Roasted Pumpkin Custard is born!
This recipe uses silkened tofu, warming spices, natural maple syrup and Kensington pumpkin, but use whatever pumpkin variety available to you. I simply roasted a quarter of a pumpkin, skin on, for about an hour at 180C or 350F. I used a touch of sea salt and coconut oil as well. Once the pumpkin was completely cooled, I blended everything together in my Ninja Bullet Blender, and poured the custard into little tart pans. You can use any serving dish or pie crust as you wish. I was just a little lazy since I had a really long production day for a ton of other Thanksgiving recipes.
You can add a touch of coconut cream, or any topping you wish, or leave these cute little vegan custards in their natural state. I garnished them with a touch of cinnamon, but please don’t go overboard. No cinnamon challenge at the dinner table.
I hope you enjoy this extremely easy and healthy recipe for Vegan Roasted Pumpkin Custard.
- 2 Cups Pumpkin Puree
- 250 Grams Silkened Tofu
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
- 3 TBSP Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Allspice
- 1/4 tsp Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- Season 1/4 of a medium pumpkin, seeded and skin on, with a little sea salt and TBSP coconut oil.
- Bake at 180C or 350F for one hour.
- Let Cool Completely.
- Remove Skin.
- Blend all ingredients into a blender, or food processor until velvety smooth.
- If needed, strain through a sieve for a silky texture.
- Chill in fridge for 1 hour until set, and slightly firm.
- Garnish and serve chilled.
- You can use any sweetener you'd like and adjust your warming spices to your preference.