Hey Everyone! I absolutely love, and will devour all of the spinach artichoke dip. Problem is, my tummy doesn’t really do well afterwards. I unfortunately have a pretty bad relationship with dairy products, which is why I don’t eat them these days, but I still wanted to indulge into one of my favorite snack dips, without feeling like I’m indulging. I didn’t use cashew cream, or any vegan dairy substitutes for this recipe. I simply used catallini beans as the creamy base, nutritional yeast for the cheese flavor, I found mine at a bulk goods store in my city, and I even roasted a couple of jalapenos from the garden to make this dip a little spicy.
I sauteed my fresh spinach with a touch of olive oil, shallots and seasoned with fresh nutmeg, sea salt and freshly cracked pepper. PLEASE always use fresh nutmeg and pepper. It makes worlds of a difference in how your food tastes! It’s worth it, I promise. 🙂 Drain your spinach from the excess liquid after cooking and blend everything with some artichoke hearts in your food processor until creamy and smooth. Enjoy with fresh veggies or homemade fresh bread!
You could totally add vegan cheese substitutes to this recipe to make them a bit more decadent, but if you’re trying to watch the waistline *pinches own tummy* and have easier digestion, this recipe may be an answer for your problems… sort of! Anyway, enjoy! <3
- 2 Cups Cooked White Catallini Beans
- 1/2 Cup liquid from beans (whether from can or cooked)
- 1 Cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1-2 Roasted Jalapenos
- 5 Artichoke Hearts - drained and rinsed if from a can
- 1 Cup Sauteed spinach - drained
- 2 TBSP diced shallots
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Nutmeg - freshly grated
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- Sautee spinach with 1 tbsp of olive oil, shallots and season with salt pepper and nutmeg.
- Drain excess liquid from cooked spinach.
- Dry roast jalapenjos on a pan at medium heat.
- Let cool completely and remove stem and seeds.
- Combine all ingredients into your food processor until smooth with a bit of texture.
- Place dip into a baking dish and drizzle remainder tbsp of olive oil.
- Bake at 180C or 350F for about 25 minutes until bubbly and toasty.
- Serve warm or cool with veggies and bread.