Hey Everyone! I have been really focused with eating a cleaner diet lately, and making a jam that is vibrant, alive and nutritious is a fantastic way to get in some nutrients, but taste is important too in eating healthy stuff. Eating clean can get a bit tedious if you don’t add new flavors and recipes to your lifestyle. This recipe is super simple and you can substitute the cherries for other fruits traditionally used in jams like strawberries, blueberries, etc. This Black Cherry Chia Jam is fantastic on toast, overnight porridge, slices and I’ve even used it in some jam drop cookies I made without a recipe for a YouTube challenge! It’s also a great boost for your boring smoothies. :^)
I love adding a little cinnamon to add some warmth to this jam, but you could also add a bit of orange or blood orange zest in order to brighten your Black Cherry Chia Jam. ^_^
- 250g or 1 1/4 cup frozen cherries
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/8 cup water
- 1-2 tbsp sweetener of your choice (optional)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Blend frozen cherries, water, cinnamon and sweetener (if you're using one).
- Add chia seeds and stir well to avoid any from sticking to the bottom of your jar/container.
- Allow to set for about 4 hours.
- Use within 1 week.
- I like using a little coconut sugar in my chia jams!