Hey Everyone! I was inspired to make a less carby (I am aware that sweet potatoes contain carbs) recipe inspired by one of my friends who prefers lower carb sweet treats, and I had A LOT of sweet potato on hand that I needed to use up. I attempted to make a slice/no bake brownie, but didn’t have anything on hand that would help hold it’s shape. Although it was delicious, the next day I decided to take my failures and turn it into a silky smooth Sweet Potato Chocolate Pudding. This recipe is naturally sweet, and very diverse. You can add as much or little of each ingredient as you’d like, or just be inspired by the concept and add your own sweeteners, spices to your taste and consistency preferences.
I used a touch of cinnamon and garnished with chocolate mint, yea it does taste like chocolaty mint, from my garden. You can use a hint of cayenne, mint or coffee just to throw out a few ideas! Chocolate has a very broad flavor profile and the sweet potato flavor is not prominent in this recipe. So, have fun! *adds pineapple pizza to pudding*
The key to getting a silky smooth texture from your sweet potato chocolate pudding is to blend your ingredients in a food processor, and then run it through a sieve/strainer. This will filter out any unwanted fibrous textures from your pudding. However, if you’re feeling lazy, you can skip the sieve. You can steam or roast the sweet potato, skin on. Peeling and boiling sweet potatoes tend to make them waterlogged and you lose a ton of flavor and nutrients.
I hope you enjoy this naturally sweet and simple dessert.
- 3 Cups Cooked Sweet Potato
- 3-4 TBSP Cocoa Powder
- 2 TBSP Honey (or sweetener of your choice)
- 1/4 Cup Almond Milk
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- When sweet potatoes are cooled down completely, add all ingredients into a food processor or high powered blender until mixture is smooth.
- For added silkiness, run sweet potato chocolate pudding through a sieve.
- Cover with cling wrap until ready to serve.
- This recipe is my guideline. Adjust ingredients to the consistency and sweetness of your preference.