Hey Fam! Today I have a revised recipe from my original Butter Mochi recipe I posted a while back. This recipe is simplified, and uses coconut milk and coconut shreds thus, Coconut Butter Mochi. It’s a pretty straight forward name! I was in the mood to bake and had a few random ingredients in my fridge and pantry, which inspired this delicately sweet and chewy dessert. I made a very simple matcha flat icing to drizzle on top which was perfect for this recipe, but use whatever it is you’d like to garnish your coconut butter mochi.
You can purchase mochi flour online or at your local Asian grocer, but I have been seeing it more available at least in U.S and Australian grocery stores. I hope you guys enjoy this sweet treat. I discovered butter mochi during my first trip to Hawaii. I had heard of the stuff, but never got around to making it for some reason. I gobbled so much of it that I almost turned into a little butter mochi lol!
- 2 Cups Glutenous Rice Flour
- 1 1/2 Cups Coconut Milk
- 1/2 Cup Condensed Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Butter
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Coconut
- Matcha Flat Icing - Optional
- 1/2 tsp matcha green tea
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 TBSP milk
- Combine condensed milk, coconut milk, melted butter, eggs and vanilla into a mixing bowl.
- Add in dry ingredients and fold in until a smooth and slightly sticky batter is formed.
- Garnish with extra shredded coconut or only add it to the top of your butter mochi.
- Bake in a parchment lined loaf pan or 10x13 casserole dish at about 350F/180C for about 35-40 minutes.
- Drizzle matcha flat icing on top of butter mochi once it's cooled down to room temperature.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.
Chocolate Chip Mochi Cookies