Hey Everyone! I have been on a huge chia seed kick lately. I’ve been weaning myself back into a more plant-based and clean eating life style, but did want to make a sort of healthy, okay not really, treat for everyone. The kids and I whipped up a late night batch of Pistachio Chia Seed Muffins! This recipe is extremely simple to follow and very diverse! You can substitute any nut you prefer, and either white or black chia seeds work fine.
I am going to be adding some insanely healthy, and delicious, recipes on AmbyCakes in the near future, but I’ll still include the goodies. As you all know, my culinary influence is based on my current lifestyle. I am so honored I’ve been able to share all of these recipes with you guys. You’ve all been so supportive and it’s an honor teaching you guys a little more about cooking and baking.
For the muffin liners, I simply took a sheet of parchment paper and folded it into a square. Using a knife, gently cut your paper. It’s that easy!
- 2 Cups Pastry Flour ( You can use All Purpose flour too. They just wont be as fluffy)
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Egg
- 2 TBS Chia Seeds
- 2 TBS Pistachios
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Oil - canola, olive oil, coconut etc
- 1/2 Cup Raw Sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, combine egg, oil, milk, sea salt and chia seeds.
- Sift Flour and baking powder.
- Gently fold in chopped pistachios. Stop once mixture is combined.
- Scoop batter into muffin liner until 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350F/180C for 25 minutes
- Allow to cool before serving.