Hey Fam! My kids and I LOVE the Neko Atsume app game and we wanted to make something really cute and cool for my blog and YouTube channel, so my darling partner suggested we make a Neko Atsume Cake! We were originally going to make some baked donuts, and maybe in the future we will, but we had no luck finding a donut pan anywhere locally. (I miss Amazon prime and U.S shipping SO much sometimes).
We saw a bundt pan at a local super market and he suggested we make a giant donut/cake, so that’s exactly what we did! We baked a classic vanilla cake, stuck some shortbread biscuits into the cake for little neko ears, and then covered it completely in tempered chocolate. A few chocolate candies for the eyes and fondant mouth and little butt like in the game, and you’re all done!
You will be able to find my tutorial right here on my YouTube channel!
In the meantime, I will share this really simple vanilla cake recipe with you guys! You could use your own or a boxed cake mix if you feel more comfortable with that too for this Neko Atsume Cake!
- 1 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour - sifted
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter - melted
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Combine eggs, sugar, butter, milk and vanilla until completely combined.
- Sift dry ingredients together and fold into mixture just until completely incorporated
- Grease a nonstick cake pan/bundt cake pan and place in easy vanilla cake batter
- Bake at about 180C/375F for 30-35 minutes
- Let cool COMPLETELY before removing cake from pan
- Removing cake from pan while it's warm will most likely result in your cake falling apart.
- Generally, for every 1 cup of flour you'll want 1 tsp of baking powder for traditional cake recipes.