Hey Everyone! I wanted to add some more savory recipes to my blog, and I am a huge pizza freak as many of you know, so I thought it would be fantastic to teach you guys how to make a Homemade Stuffed Crust Pizza. It’s super inexpensive, pretty easy and in my opinion, far better than the chain stuff. Don’t get me wrong, chain pizza has it’s place in the world, but homemade pizza will rival that stuff any day of the week.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. I do measure by weight using a gram scale for the major ingredients, which is much easier to be honest, and always consistent, which is pretty important when it comes to baking and dough work. I hope you guys enjoy this recipe and if you decide to make one yourself, please tag me on Twitter or Instagram! I’ll be updating this post within the week with a YouTube tutorial!
This pizza was very tender, with a slight crisp exterior on the crust. The organic string cheese I used for the crust was pleasant and melted with each bite. I used vine-ripened tomatoes, fresh basil, sea salt and cracked black pepper on my pizza, but use whatever it is you’d like on yours! I sincerely hope you guys enjoy this recipe. It’s a lot of fun to make homemade pizza and it’s very rewarding as well.
- 400 ml milk - warm
- 600 grams All Purpose Flour
- 2 oz Dry Active Yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 TBS sugar
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- In a large bowl, add flour, yeast and salt
- In a small sauce pot, warm up milk until it gently begins to simmer
- Add sugar to milk
- Once milk is lukewarm, gently pour into dry ingredients, then add olive oil
- using a spatula, gently combine ingredients
- Once dough is formed, lightly dust your work area with flour, and begin to knead dough
- Knead dough for about 10-15 minutes, then place in a clean, gently greased bowl
- Cover bowl with a warm, damp tea towel and let proof for one hour
- Once dough is proofed, punch out and divide by two (I use a gram scale for this)
- Roll dough out and place onto a lightly greased baking sheet
- Gently place mozzarella sticks near the edge of pizza, and roll dough over until cheese is covered completely
- Pinch dough so it is sealed properly
- Continue assembling your pizza with your choice of sauce, cheese and topping
- Bake at about 220C/450F for about 25-35 minutes
- Let cool completely and serve
UPDATE: Hey Guys! I posted a video tutorial for this exact recipe on my YouTube Channel! I really love the idea of No Commentary cooking with some relaxing music. I hope you enjoy this video!