Hey Everyone! I have been insanely obsessed with slime and floam videos lately, so I wanted to create my very own Flaom and Slime Recipes for Australians and share with you all. However, it has been really difficult finding the appropriate ingredients for these fun projects, mostly trying to find Borax here in Australia has been a nightmare! I wasted so much time searching everywhere, and the only place I could find the stuff was on Amazon, but even with shipping that would be about $30, so I don’t think may Australian residents would like that idea!
I did come across other alternatives, but none of them seemed to work. We don’t have Tide here, and the corn starch method was a bit flop (it dried out so quickly). I did see other YouTubers use ironing starch, so I tried Fabulon and it worked perfectly! Even though I do miss my native state of California, U.S.A. at times, I am really happy to go on these crazy little journeys if it means I get to make life a little easier on others who stop by and enjoy my content!
The base recipe for slime is very simple:
1 part PVA glue to 1 Part Fabulon worked for me
You can add a little food coloring, glitter etc to personalize it.
I used some foamy bean bag balls for my floam recipe, but keep in mind that this sort of recipe should be made with kids under adult supervision, and be sure to tidy up sufficiently if you have little ones and/or pets at home! Below you will find the ingredients via Amazon (affiliate) and some local suppliers (not sponsored) for your shopping convenience along with my recipe for this video tutorial. Enjoy guys!
- 1 part PVA Glue
- 1 part Fabulon Spray Starch (plastic spray bottle)
- 1-2 drops of purple food coloring
- generous amount of glitter
- about 5 parts foam balls
- In a small bowl, combine glue, food coloring and glitter until completely combined
- Add in Fabulon until mixture is no longer sticky and solidifies a bit
- If you need more, add in a little bit at a time
- In a large bowl, place your foam balls and slowly pour in slime
- Gently mix and combine, squish and stir your floam until all loose foam balls are gone
- Store in an airtight container