Hey Everyone! Thank you for suggesting that I bring some of my recipes to life on my YouTube channel. It’s been a REALLY long time since I’ve filmed and edited anything food-related and I had a lot of fun. This Green Tea White Chocolate Shortbread Recipe is super simple to follow along. I always recommend using decent culinary-grade matcha green tea as it is vital for a balanced taste and color. If you use the cheap stuff, which is always a light brownish-green, it not only looks less appealing but is very bitter when used in baking.
You can make extra shortbread dough and store it in your freezer for up to a month! Simply form dough into a disc shape, wrap it tightly in cling wrap and place it into an air-tight container to prevent freezer burn.
Shortbread is extremely simple to make as it has very few ingredients and it’s a diverse dough to work with – it’s great for cookie cutter projects! If you have any recipe suggestions, please let me know in the comments or on social media! Thank you again guys. This has been really inspiring and a lot of hard work and fun!
- 1 3/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 2/3 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 TSP Vanilla
- 1/2 TSP Kosher Salt
- 1 1/2 TBSP Matcha Powder
- 3 ounces White Chocolate - melted
- In a mixing bowl, combine room temperature butter, sugar and vanilla and mix until creamy.
- Sift in flour, salt and matcha then fold into wet ingredients.
- Gently knead dough onto a clean surface - chill in fridge if needed to firm up.
- Place dough between two sheets of parchment paper and roll out.
- Using your favorite cookie cutter, cut out desired shapes
- Line cookies onto a parchment lined baking sheet and set in fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Bake cookies at around 170C/325F for 35 minutes.
- Cool Completely before designing cookies with melted white chocolate
- Always use unsalted butter for baking and cooking so you can be in total control of how much salt you're using!