Hey Fam! My darling partner made these delicious and soft Green Tea White Chocolate Chip Cookies yesterday evening. They were so amazing, we decided to post the recipe for you guys. The recipe was originally found from IchigoShortcake so please be sure to check out her blog and show some love to this amazing blogger. Instead of adding white chocolate to the center of twenty-four small green tea cookies, my partner made larger ones and mixed in the white chocolate.
These green tea white chocolate chip cookies are extremely soft, lightly sweet and fragrant from using culinary grade matcha powder. We used the brand linked and it worked perfectly! It gave the cookies a delicately earthy-sweet taste while maintaining the vibrant green dignity of matcha powder. We were really impressed and happy with the results! I will say this recipe is one of the best green tea cookie recipes I’ve tried!
I’ll also be converting this recipe from Metric to Imperial. Did you know the Australian Cup is not the same measurement to the American? I have definitely been expanding my culinary knowledge here in Australia, and have been extremely inspired to share what I’ve learned on AmbyCakes. We will be posting some more green tea recipes very soon along with filming some requests onto my recently revamped YouTube channel. (I’m actually filming as soon as I finish editing this post).
We hope you guys enjoy this super yummy green tea and white chocolate chip cookie recipe! Please tag me on Instagram or Twitter if you recreate anything I post online. It makes me SO happy when friends/subscribers make stuff I post and inspires me to continue to create on this platform! I’ve also linked a few resources below for products used in this recipe to make your baking life a bit easier!
Supplies & Ingredients:
Maeda-en Culinary Grade Matcha Powder -$9.55 Order Here
Nestle Milky Bar Buttons 30g – $12.67 Order Here
- 3.5 ounces unsalted butter - room temperature
- 1/3 cup brown sugar - unpacked
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour - sifted
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup white chocolate
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream butter, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Add egg until combined.
- Sift and fold in dry ingredients.
- Fold in white chocolate.
- Wrap cookie dough in cling wrap in a log and let chill in refrigerator for about half an hour.
- cut log into 12 pieces and place onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 325 and bake for about 10 - 12 minutes
- Be sure your butter and egg are at room temperature. This ensures your ingredients will combine properly.