I’ve been really motivated and inspired lately to get back to food blogging, but I didn’t have much to work with today in my pantry (I’m still settling in my new home in Australia). However, I DID bake a small batch of petite 4 Ingredient Sparkly Peanut Butter Cookies (vegan). Sparkly? YUS! I added pastry-grade glitter to the cookies while they were still out of the oven. Hey, there are like a billion peanut butter cookie recipes on the internet, so I needed to give them the unique Amby touch!
Aside from the pastry glitter, these cookies only required four ingredients! I’m pretty resourceful thanks to my culinary training and experience aren’t I? Hehe! Having salted and roasted peanut butter on hand helped, and I will note if you DO use salted peanut butter, I don’t recommend using extra salt. It just isn’t needed. I sweetened these cookies with a little coconut nectar, which is easy to metabolize and low glycemic, but use what you have available.
Peanut butter cookies are pretty forgiving but be sure to check on them to prevent burning. I baked mine on a parchment lined baking sheet at 150 C/ 300 F for about 15 minutes. Then I let them cool on the baking sheet before I taste tested one.
This recipe yields about 6 small cookies so feel free to multiple the recipe if you want to make a larger batch. Do you know why peanut butter cookies have their famous fork indentations? It was used to inform others with peanut allergies that these cookies could kill them. Pretty cool info isn’t it? I hope you enjoy this last minute and super simple recipe I literally whipped up in minutes. I used a small cereal bowl to mix everything together as well. Would be a great quick snack attack if I do say so myself!
More Vegan Recipes by Amby:
Vegan Chocolate Chip and Almond Cookies – HERE
Vegan Malted Chocolate Brownies – HERE
Vegan Green Tea Cookies and Cream White Chocolate – HERE
- 4 TBSP All Purpose Flour
- 2 TBSP Coconut Nectar
- 1/2 Cup Salted Peanut Butter
- 1/2 TSP Baking Powder
- Combine flour and baking powder into a small bowl.
- Stir in peanut butter and coconut nectar.
- A firm dough should form. Take a small amount and roll into a ball then place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Using a fork, make an indentation horizontal then vertical onto your cookies
- Bake at 150C/300F for about 12-15 minutes.
- Optional: add pastry grade glitter to your cookies while they're still warm.
- If you don't have salted peanut butter, add a tiny pinch of salt to your cookie dough.